I have been offering my time and skills to various charities and non-profit organisations. This has enriched my personal life and enabled me to share and learn skills, which have boosted my professional career. It is literally an all dancing and singing experience, from talking about digital marketing to entrepreneurs to singing nursery rhymes at family events and, of course, raising funds for a variety of good causes:
- Current commitments: Business & IP Centre Cambridgeshire (talks to startups on Google Analytics and Digital Presence, since 2019); Newcomers and Visiting Scholars (University of Cambridge – walks/fundraisers/career advice, since 2010); Form the Future (career talks in schools, since 2014); ECC Garden (blog/mailing list/public talks, since 2014); Teaching social media/blogging at U3AC (since 2017).
- 2009-2020 Walk Leader, Walking for Health; Storytelling at Milton Road Library; PTA/Reading Recovery (Mayfield School/Chesterton Community College); Honorary Consultant at NHS/SureStart baby clinics; Committee member of parents’ forum; Publicity at Cambridge Carbon Footprint (Open Eco Homes/Sustainable Food blog).
- 2007-2011 Editor & Designer, NCT newsletters in London, Rugby and Cambridge. The Cambridge edition won Best Charity Magazine in Cambridgeshire in 2012.
- 1997-1999 Archivist and committee member of Women in Publishing, London. In 2017 I participated to an oral history project for the British Library.
- 1994-1995 Fundraiser at Drive For Youth. Helped to set up the London office and trained volunteers in IT skills. Created the fundraising database. Coordinated the House of Commons' launch and raised over £10,000.